23 November 2023
When it comes to your regulatory duties, you’ll want the process to go as smoothly as possible. Our dedicated compliance team follow a simple ethos: “Help, not hinder.”
Join us and you’ll have our compliance helpdesk at your disposal, with no limit on how often you can reach out for support. The team can help you with:
- Application and induction process support, through to FCA approval
- Novation of any existing clients and liaison with providers or previous networks to move ongoing fees over as quickly as possible
- Pre-sale advice and support with new business documentation
- Individual file checking to our prescribed risk levels, plus feedback on submitted business
- Annual firm audits
- Managing authorisation for new recruits, and initial supervision up to competent adviser status (CAS)
- A locum facility and admin support during holidays, illness or extended leave
- Access to a will writing and estate planning service
You’ll want to make sure your marketing and documentation is taken care of too, which is why the team provide the following:
- Approval of all marketing material and website content within 48 to 72 hours
- Document templates branded with your logos and colours if required (fact finds, client agreements, etc)
- Suitability report templates
We pride ourselves on supporting all our members through their training and personal development, which you can read about in more detail elsewhere on this page. Our compliance team provide the following CPD services:
- Free access to CPD Monitoring System
- Adding CPD records to monitoring system after all office training and office meetings
- Submitting CPD records to relevant awarding body
Through our compliance support service, you also have access to the following software:
- Mandate iO (one free licence plus discounts on additional licences)
- Twenty7Tec Mortgage Sourcing (free access)
- Assureweb and SolutionBuilder (free access)
- Subsidised deals on cashflow forecasting technology, etc
- Morningstar risk profiling system
Training and competence
To give the best possible service to your clients, you’ll want to feel confident that you have all the latest knowledge at your disposal. We prioritise your training and development to make sure you’re fully up to date with the right qualifications and knowhow.
You’ll have unrestricted access to Paul Heath, our research and technical director, as well as our experienced paraplanning team. That’ll continue throughout your time as a member, not just when you first join.
Our training and competence programme includes the following:
- One-to-one training on specific technical areas or knowledge gaps
- Workshops delivered by either in-house or third-party specialists
- Quarterly office meetings featuring provider presentations, which often lead to bespoke follow-up workshops
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) exam training and in-house study courses, including R0, AF, level 6 and Fellowship
- Training and ongoing support for your own administrator, when appropriate
- Joint or accompanied meetings to help with complex cases or presentations
- Regular one-to-one meetings (frequency dependent on your risk grade)
Because we have clients across the UK, all training and meetings can be attended remotely through video conference software.
Your workload is unique to you, and while paraplanning support can be helpful for every adviser, you might rely on it far less than a peer. So why should you be charged a monthly levy or other similar fixed cost?
The cost is subsided to make things clear and simple, our paraplanning team’s time is charged out individually, by the minute.
If you use our paraplanning service, you’ll receive a detailed monthly statement, with work recorded client by client, and all costs itemised.
Some of the tasks our paraplanning team can help you with include:
- Letters of authority (LOAs)
- Transfer value comparator (TVC)
- Appropriate pension transfer analysis (APTA)
- Qualifying recognised overseas pension scheme (QROPS) and other offshore investments
- Venture capital trusts (VCTs)
- Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS)
- Equity release
- Product and fund research
- Client suitability reports
Our paraplanning team also provide the following services at no additional cost:
- Chasing providers on letters of authority (LOAs), and following up on the information requested for potential new business cases
- Collating all information received from providers
- Granting access to all centralised research
- Technical support
As a busy adviser, you might struggle to find time to do some of the smaller administrative jobs your work requires. On top of our compliance and paraplanning support services, we can also help you with admin tasks, including:
- Processing new business
- Dealing with providers
Are you working for a financial advice business and unhappy with the experience, or worried about restrictions being placed on your independence? Perhaps you’re considering starting your own firm in the future but aren’t quite ready yet?
If this is you, consider joining Arcus Wealth. That’s our own fully independent financial advice firm, which forms part of the Corbel Partners network.
Since 2005, dozens of independent financial advisers like you have made Arcus Wealth their home. Join us and you’ll enjoy all the advantages of belonging to a networked firm, but with the freedom to do business your way.
You need to know whether we’d be the right fit for you, so don’t just take our word for it. Here's what some of our adviser partners have to say about their experience with us.
of our members would recommend us to other advisers.
supportive of helping you provide independent advice.
here to help you develop your business.
If now’s the time for a change, we’d love to hear from you.
Simply complete your details and we’ll arrange an initial chat to learn more about you and explain how we might be able to help.